Thursday, October 18, 2007

tree hole- a place to live in

I liked seeing the tree hole. It was cool.
We thought something lived in there but we didn't see anything.
Maybe it was completely hollow and went up the tree. Humm, it's a mystery.
Maybe a woodpecker pecked it and made it a hole. Or maybe a bear clawed it. Humm, it's a mystery.
Maybe there are timber beetles inside the hole, of course. They eat holes and make a home. Timber beetle eggs are in the home. They feed them fungus, then they hatch and become grown ups and they move out and go to another tree that's scratched. Or they get eaten by woodpeckers.
Garter snakes, or flying squirrel sometimes live in the tree.
Uncle Matt, How many days until you come back? 20? 60? Oh, I told you to call me on this blog too.
What does a dog say when he touches the tree?.... Bark! It's because tree's have bark. That's my joke, that's why I put it on there.
That's all I want to say, Bye.

1 comment:

Uncle Mut said...

Marshall,
That was a REALLY funny joke about the dog and the tree. Ha, ha, ha, ha. I laughed out loud. Thanks for making me laugh.
The picture of the tree was really cool, too. Was it big enough for humans to fit in?
Uncle Mut